Friday, September 05, 2008

Celebrity Degrees


I've always thought the Public Health field attracted the most interesting, amazing, and definitely cool people. So, it doesn't surprise me that celebrities are also being drawn to obtaining public health related degrees,

Christy Turlington is going back to college to study maternal and child health at Columbia University. "I have explored several career paths and have discovered that in addition to being a mother, a career in service is most fitting," she told us. Perhaps she can study nights with Chelsea Clinton. The former First Daughter is also starting a master's program at Columbia, majoring in public health policy, according to a source. [link]
I'm not getting excited just because they are famous ladies, I'm excited that more attention is being given to the, often neglected, public health field.

No comments: